There was a time when the exploding iPhones got huge media coverage. Today the case is quite similar – the hottest phone on the market – the Galaxy S III – became even hotter to the point of catching fire.
The unpleasant incident occurred in Ireland. A white Galaxy S III bought from Carphone Warehouse was attached to a car mount when suddenly white flames started coming from its bottom. Here are some pictures:
The dead Galaxy S III is all over the internet already. Luckily the guy is unharmed and he got a new phone directly from Samsung, while the problematic unit has been sent to the company’s headquarters for detailed investigation.
It’s just an isolated case for now and we hope it stays that way. Samsung has already released an official statement: